Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Dave Dyer

no leída,
10 ene 2020, 5:22:23 p.m.10/01/20
para CodenameOne Discussions

Yesterday's builds were fine.  Today's builds stall with a blank screen, waiting to refresh the
first window.  They seem to get kicked into action by any external event,
such as changing orientation.   Still investigating.

Dave Dyer

no leída,
10 ene 2020, 7:37:37 p.m.10/01/20
para CodenameOne Discussions

A stroll through the code revealed that the frame was never laid out, and adding
this incantation to the form creation fixes the problem.

            setAllowEnableLayoutOnPaint(true);

It may be the case that I'm especially vexed by this because my frames
are blank (contain no widgets) from your point of view.

I'd appreciate any insight into why this came up on today's build but never before.

Steve Hannah

no leída,
10 ene 2020, 8:17:20 p.m.10/01/20
para codenameone...@googlegroups.com
If you can post a test case, I'd be interested to see it.  We recently turned off this "layout on paint" feature and added the manual override because:
1. Turning it off caused significant performance improvements, especially when scrolling.
2. All of my samples seemed to still work fine with it off.

Rather than rely on this flag, it would be better to identify the edge cases that fail without it, so we can fix those.

Steve Hannah
Software Developer
Codename One

Dave Dyer

no leída,
11 ene 2020, 4:25:17 p.m.11/01/20
para CodenameOne Discussions

Rather than rely on this flag, it would be better to identify the edge cases that fail without it, so we can fix those.

I'll see what I can do.  My use of the window system involves not using
any standard widgets or standard layout managers, so it might be
difficult to simplify.

Dave Dyer

no leída,
13 ene 2020, 7:29:20 p.m.13/01/20