iOS Debug builds are only for one architechture at a time - need to send twice as many builds.

nickk...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2017, 10:02:30 PM8/6/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
I have some older and newer devices. The newer devices are running iOS 11 beta. I can install apps on either type via TestFlight but its much quicker to test using debug builds. However if I include ios.debug.archs=armv7 then I can ONLY install it on 32 bit devices and if I don't include that build hint I can ONLY install on 64 bit devices. Is there a way to include both builds so I don't have to send two builds each time I want to test.

Part of the reason I need to test on multiple devices is iPhone vs iPad screen layouts (and my iPad is only 32bit) but also I do have clients with old and new devices and we are finding some differences between them so I try to keep on top of them.

Also can the build server please show if they are debug or app store builds? If I accidentally send the wrong type and then spend a while trying to get it installed, then I don't know if its wrong build type, wrong arch type or missing from the provisioning profile. The build server should indicate at least why type of build its building.

Cheers!

Shai Almog

Aug 7, 2017, 2:02:26 AM8/7/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
We specifically blocked this because it takes twice as long.

We do need to overhaul some build server UX features. We have some ideas but it will take time.