android build times

Dave Dyer

Jan 19, 2020, 1:44:06 AM1/19/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
have you guys noticed that android build times just jumped about 5x?

Shai Almog

Jan 19, 2020, 9:17:05 PM1/19/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
We had a space issue in one of the servers and had to flush the gradle caches. That probably meant a temporary slow down as gradle had to re-fetch some files.
Even after your dependencies were fetched this applied to other users which resulted in a queue. The other servers didn't have as much gradle caches so we're guessing that they were also slightly slower when they did pick builds.
Overall caches should be up to date today/tomorrow and builds should be at their usual speed. Let us know if they aren't.

Dave Dyer

Jan 20, 2020, 4:21:03 PM1/20/20
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thanks - build times have returned to normal.