Submissions get stuck on old server

Talita Anthonio

Jan 11, 2022, 4:15:35 AM1/11/22
to codalab-competitions
Hello,

Unfortunately no one ever manages to get their results immediatly after uploading the .zip file. In my case, I often have to submit my file 10 times before I can see my results on the leaderboard. Before that, I get this error:

WARNING: Your kernel does not support swap limit capabilities or the cgroup is not mounted. Memory limited without swap. Traceback (most recent call last): File "/tmp/codalab/tmpPWgLq7/run/program/evaluate.py", line 121, in main() File "/tmp/codalab/tmpPWgLq7/run/program/evaluate.py", line 69, in main files_in_submit_dir_classification = [file for file in os.listdir(path_to_classification)] OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/codalab/tmpPWgLq7/run/input/res/classification'

But after submitting the same zip file several times, the error dissapears and I will see my results. Sometimes, I also do not get an error at all and the submission will just be stuck in the "submitted" phase.

Can you please solve these issues? It starts to become very annoying and it effects our competition too. I am sure that there is nothing wrong with my zip file (or the participants zip file), given that it often works after several times of uploading.

Best,

Talita

Adrien Pavao

Jan 24, 2022, 1:52:32 PM1/24/22
to codalab-competitions
Hello,

We are aware of a problem that blocks submissions on the "Submitting" mode for a while before being processed. We are currently working on it.
It is possible that this problem provokes the error you are showing here ("No such file or directory") as it is linked with the storage.

If it is possible for you, I suggest that you move your competition into the new Python3 server https://codalab.lisn.fr/ which is much more stable right now.

Best regards,

Adrien

Jeffrey Sorensen

Jan 25, 2022, 9:28:35 AM1/25/22
to codalab-competitions

In case anyone else tries to follow the recommendation here, it seems like the process of creating dumps for competitions is also blocked at present, making migration of competitions not possible.

Adrien Pavao

Jan 25, 2022, 9:40:01 AM1/25/22
to Jeffrey Sorensen, codalab-competitions
Hi,

Indeed. Thank you for reporting this. We are trying to solve the problem.

Best regards,

Adrien