Chasing Band Tailed Piegons, help needed

Brian Johnson

Aug 10, 2017, 12:07:22 PM8/10/17
to Colorado Birds
Hello,
I was wondering if I could get some advise on a bird that has proven a elusive one for me. The Band Tailed Pigeon, it does not seem like this bird should be hard to find but I have been chasing this critter for two years now. I get to the place where it was reported and it's gone. My next day off is Tuesday (I am working a lot right now) next week and I was going up to Silverthorn area for a hike and will try and search for this bird again. So my question is, does any one have suggestions along the 1 70 corridor between Silverthorn and Denver metro area? If there is a good place around Silverthorn/Dillon I can search there too, I am staying open about where in the area I want to hike. Another area that looks promising looking at ebird is Ward. But I am open to suggestions.
Thanks
Brian Johnson
Englewood Co

Brian Johnson

Aug 15, 2017, 8:46:28 PM8/15/17
to Colorado Birds
I found those elusive birds today. Thank you every one for all the tips I got. I especially want to thank Karl Stecher Jr. who got me in contact with his friend Larry who was very generous enough to invite me to his cabin on West Chicago Creek drive and see the pigeons that hang around his cabin. Also thanks to JoAnn Hackos who also gave me an invite to see the birds that come to her yard. In this case this bird took a community of birders for me to find, I am very grateful to every one.
Brian Johnson
Englewood CO

Karl Stecher Jr.

Aug 15, 2017, 11:20:22 PM8/15/17
to bunting...@gmail.com, Colorado Birds
Glad you saw them, congratulations on a lifer.

K. Stecher/now Aurora