Ferrugenous Hawk, Dark Morph,Jefferson County

Bil Ford

Feb 16, 2020, 11:09:07 AM2/16/20
to Colorado Birds
A dark morph Ferrugenous Hawk has been hanging at this location for about a month. Seen and photographed by several birders frequently at the same location. First photographed by me on January 17th. Deer Creek Canyon Road west of Wadsworth near the entrance to the Denver Botanic Gardens. Thanks to Mike Ames for alerting me to this beautiful hawk. Seen at different times during the day, mostly mid-morning.

Bil Ford
Lakewood,Jefferson County CO

Bil Ford

Feb 16, 2020, 4:37:09 PM2/16/20
to Colorado Birds
Dark morph Ferrugenous Hawk, Deer Creek Canyon Road just west of Wadsworth Blvd. Near the entrance to Denver Botanical gardens present now on power pole nearest C-470. First seen by Mike Ames and photoed by many birders. I accidentally deleted first post. Sorry. New to this.