Last Raptor Alley of Season Trip Results [Raptor Alley, Nunn, Weld]

28 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

The "Nunn Guy"

ungelesen,
27.02.2017, 11:05:3327.02.17
an Colorado Birds
Hi all

GREAT weather for raptoring on Saturday--sun, cold and no wind.  Group had a fantastic outing seeing all expected birds.  Also, we found Golden Eagle on nest as well as a (new) Bald Eagle nest in Nunn!  The Bald Eagle nest in Nunn was previously attempted last two years but never had an eagle actually on/in the nest.  I'll be watching this one closely.

Photos:  http://coloradobirder.club/m/photos/browse/album/Raptor-Alley-Nunn-Pierce-Weld-02-27-2017/

Total raptors = 44
  • Red-tailed Hawk - 5
  • Merlin - 1
  • Rough-legged Hawk - 8 (3 dark morphs)
  • Northern Harrier - 3
  • Prairie Falcon - 1
  • Ferruginous Hawk - 10 (1 dark morph, 3 on a fence line together--see photos))
  • American Kestrel - 7
  • Bald Eagle - 5
  • Golden Eagle - 2
  • UNID Buteo - 2