Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Chico Basin Ranch Banding Report 5/29

Colin Woolley

May 29, 2021, 7:22:17 PM5/29/21
to Colorado Birds
Today slowed down considerably from yesterday, both in numbers and species diversity. Swainson's Thrushes led the way again, and most of the warblers seem to have moved on. 13 newly banded birds and 1 recapture of 8 species:

Ovenbird - 1
Swainson's Thrush - 7
Hermit Thrush - 1
Lazuli Bunting - 1
Blue Grosbeak - 1
Yellow-breasted Chat - 1
Brown Thrasher - 1
Brown-headed Cowbird - 1 recapture

Tomorrow will be our final day of the spring banding season! Chico Basin Ranch is once again open to the public and visitors are welcome at the banding station, click here for more details on visiting. We are opening nets at about 5:20am and continuing for 5 hours, depending on weather.

Colin Woolley
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies