Plovers at Jumbo Reservoir - Sedgwick County on Friday

Joey Kellner

May 27, 2016, 11:59:04 PM5/27/16
to Colorado Birds
Lisa Edwards, Kathy Mihm-Dunning, Dick Schottler and I birded NE Colorado today (and avoided all the rain).  At Jumbo Reservoir among the TONS of campers already present for the Memorial Day weekend we found one each of SNOWY PLOVER and PIPING PLOVER...TOGETHER!

The birds were seen on the sandy "beach" at the end of the dam at the SE "corner" of the reservoir.

Also present were ~30+ Black Terns, 2 Common Terns and 1 Forster's Tern.

The number of people with mobile campers ALL over the place was quite impressive.  More people that I like to have around a good birding spot!

Joey Kellner
Littleton, Colorado

PS - For the record, I did not approach these birds closely, I stood quietly and they approached me!

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2