Shrike @ Running Deer Natural Area (LARIMER)

John Shenot

Jul 31, 2014, 11:00:33 PM7/31/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I found a Loggerhead Shrike at Running Deer Natural Area in Fort Collins today ~4:30pm. The bird was repeatedly visiting a tree next to the trail that connects the Colorado Visitors Center off Prospect Rd near I-25 to the rest of the Running Deer/Cottonwood Hollow trails. It's basically the only tree that's right next to that trail. At least 5 other (brave) species were visiting the same tree. Obviously not a rare bird - but it looks like there haven't been many sightings close in to Fort Collins this summer so I thought I would share.

Happy birding,
John Shenot
Fort Collins