Sparrow movement/Larimer

Rob Sparks

Apr 27, 2015, 11:53:09 AM4/27/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Greetings I had over 100 sparrows on the move this damp April morning.  Most of the sparrow's were on the North side of McMurry Natural Area bordering an open field and a sparse stringer of cottonwoods, there seemed to be a majority of Vesper Sparrow's with a few White-crowned Sparrows and some Chipping Sparrows.  I also had a pair of Lincoln's Sparrows and 3 Yellow-rumped Warblers at a separate location.

Good Birding,
Rob Sparks
Old Town Fort Collins

Roger Linfield

Apr 27, 2015, 7:32:49 PM4/27/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Sparrows are definitely coming through.  On Saturday in Elbert County, I saw about 200 Vesper Sparrows, with small numbers of all three Spizella species.  Today at Cherry Creek State Park, Brenda and I saw 50 Brewer's Sparrows, plus a small number of Vespers.

Roger Linfield
Boulder