Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Chatfield Banding Report, 5/28/24

meredith

May 28, 2024, 10:34:23 PMMay 28
to Colorado Birds
I was hoping that in our last week we'd pick up numbers for our commonly banded species that are below average - Yellow Warblers, House Wrens, Yellow-breasted Chats, any Vireos.  We did have a few today, but what was most noticeable was the not rare but unusual captures - a Gray Flycatcher (one caught every 3 or 4 years),  a pair of Say's Phoebes (2 caught in 2010), a third Lazuli Bunting (all females), 3 more Redstarts (first time we've caught 7 in a season).  Interesting!  Here's the breakdown of the 24 new captures:

Gray Flycatcher 1
Say's Phoebe 2
House Wren 2
Swainson's Thrush 1