Green Valley Ranch Rec Pond - Denver

JBreitsch - Denver

Feb 19, 2014, 3:48:59 PM2/19/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I went to look for the previously reported Greater Scaup at the Rec pond at GVR (northeast corner of Tower Rd and Green Valley Ranch Blvd, in Town Center Park).  The scaup were there along with a dozen other types of waterfowl including; Redhead, Canvasback, Northern Pintail, Ring-neckeds, etc.

The best bird there for me today was a Greater White-fronted Goose.  I had somehow managed to miss that one so far this year.  I'll eventually have pictures up of the bird showing me the black belly stripes.

John Breitsch
Denver, Colorado