Looking for Sharp-tailed Grouse

flann...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2021, 10:14:52 AM1/31/21
to Colorado Birds
Hello  Sharp-tailed Grouse deprived Birders!  I am planning to go to the Pawnee National Grasslands tomorrow (this Sunday the 31th) for the day to look for the elusive Sharp-tailed Grouse that has been seen there near Grover. I will be roaming east & west along the roads between CR 136 & 128, and north & south along the roads between CR 99 & 111. The weather indications are encouraging (sunny & low 50's) and sightings are both recent & historic. If anyone is interested in joining the search (in separate cars, of course), communicating by walkee-talkee  (or phone where there is a signal), I will be all ears (and eyes, of course). I plan to be in the area by 8 am, monitoring my phone (410-533-1720), and my walkee-talkee (ch.11-22) either to report or receive possible success and location.

 Bill

Bill Schreitz

Centennial, CO