Walden Ponds (Boulder C.) 4/25 afternoon

Sandra Laursen

Apr 26, 2017, 12:24:21 PM4/26/17
to Colorado Birds
We had a good haul of birds at Walden Ponds yesterday late afternoon between showers.

On the pond we enjoyed:  1 marbled godwit, 1 willet, 1 white-faced ibis, half dozen American avocets, several killdeer,  cinnamon teal, blue-winged teal, Northern shovelers, and a great blue heron.

Of note in the shrubbery:  a pair of American goldfinches, yellow-rumped and yellow warblers, white-crowned sparrow.

We were at Heil Ranch on Monday where we heard and saw wild turkeys but surprisingly few other birds.

Sandra Laursen
Boulder

Sandra Laursen

Apr 26, 2017, 12:25:44 PM4/26/17
to Colorado Birds
oops, forgot ~ 30 American white pelicans