Standley Lake 10/23

Ben S

Oct 23, 2018, 4:21:02 PM10/23/18
to Colorado Birds
I dipped on the Fork-tailed Flycatcher this morning. Between all of 111th street from Prince Lake to Erie Pkwy being closed and all the construction along Carbonate Lane, I missed it. I stopped by the north side of Standley Lake on my way home. I got my first Cackling Geese, Canvasback, and Ring-necked Duck of the season. Highlights included a RED-NECKED GREBE and Common Loon swimming in the southwest end of the lake. An immature Harris's Sparrow in the riparian willows near the parking lot was a plus. Lastly, a very strange sounding Black-capped Chickadee.

Ben Sampson
Centennial, CO