Say's phoebe maybe??

Marcia Wade - Lafayette, Boulder County

Jun 27, 2019, 8:10:30 AM6/27/19
to Colorado Birds
I am not sure that I'm supposed to post pix, so please forgive me if this is a breach of etiquettebut I was hoping someone could answer my
question about this bird.  At the risk of sounding like a birdbrain, I cannot decide if this is a Say's phoebe.  What say thee?  This was at Lake
Waneka in Louisville, Wed. 7 p.m.-ish. I also saw a grey catbird and Swainson's hawk there, same time.  Thank you. Marcia Wade

says phoebe maybe 2.JPGsay's phoebe perhaps.JPG

Carl Bendorf

Jun 27, 2019, 1:44:02 PM6/27/19
to Colorado Birds
Marcia,

Yes, this is a Say's Phoebe.  The overall pale gray with hint of rust on the lower belly are distinctive.

Carl Bendorf
Longmont