strange warbler at Sloan's Lake (near SW corner parking lot)

Julia Auckland

Nov 1, 2017, 7:56:47 PM11/1/17
to Colorado Birds
I was just at Sloan's Lake and saw a strange warbler.  Passing it along in case anybody wants to check it out or has any ideas.  I heard loud steady chipping & then got a glimpse of a warbler with a chestnut cap and yellow around base of tail. I'm no warbler expert, but it seemed strange. Got one good look from below & jotted down notes: clear brown breast, yellow under base of tail, and whiter under tail. Never saw it again. Looked just like a Colima warbler but that is extremely unlikely so maybe a palm warbler or Virginia’s or Lucy’s. In trees along SW shore of the lake, near the maintenance yard.  I also saw a female yellow-rumped warbler in the same area but definitely different birds.