Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Banding Report, 8/31/22

45 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Meredith McBurney

ungelesen,
31.08.2022, 18:38:4231.08.22
an Colorado Birds
Another day with lots of Wilson's Warblers (mostly hatch year birds) and a smattering of other species.  Between new and recaps, our visitor group got a close up look at seven warbler species - Wilson's, Yellow, Orange-crowned, Townsend's, MacGillivray's, Common Yellowthroat, and Ovenbird.  Here's the breakdown of the 53 new birds today:

Western Wood-pewee 3
Dusky Flycatcher 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1
House Wren 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Yellow Warbler 7
Townsend's Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 3
Wilson's Warbler 32
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Clay-colored Sparrow 1

If you'd like to enjoy fall birds up close and personal, please come visit!  Click here to make a reservation - we are offering one-hour slots (up to 15 visitors at a time) from 7:30-8:30 most weekdays (closed Mondays), and 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11 on weekends.  We look forward to seeing many of you during the season!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies

Allen antworten