Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chatfield Station, 4-30-18

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

Apr 30, 2018, 5:27:15 PM4/30/18
to Colorado Birds
Still slow, but getting a little more interesting!  Caught our FOS Yellow Warbler; I think this is the first time ever that we've caught one in April....our usual first date is May 5.  Also caught (and released unbanded as we don't do hummers) 2 hummingbirds - 1 Broad-tailed and 1 Black-chinned.  9 birds processed:

House Wren 5 (they are back in force; singing away)
Yellow Warbler 1
Spotted Towhee 1, banded 2016, recaught 2017.  A stunning male.
Song Sparrow 1

Come visit!  Station is open daily, weather permitting, through the end of May, except for May 10-12 and 28. We open nets about 6:30 and close around noon. If you would like to visit on a weekend, you must pre-register - go to the Audubon Society of Greater Denver website. Perhaps the best time for birders to visit is early in the morning during the week - fewer people and more birds! (School groups arrive each day between 9:30 and 10:30.)

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies