Banner Lakes SWA- Weld

Cathy Sheeter

Mar 27, 2014, 3:48:36 PM3/27/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I birded Banner Lakes SWA for a few hours this AM. Highlights included a pair of Long-eared Owls, a Barn Owl (thanks Bill Hutchison for the tip on that), and my FOS Blue-winged Teal (at least 7). Almost every expected species of duck was one one pond or another (with some movement between ponds). A really neat leucistic female Green-winged Teal (totally white wings, regular color body, pale head, pale pinkish-orange bill and legs) was spotted and photographed at a great distance. Migrant passerines and shorebirds were still more or less absent (Killdeer abundant).

Cathy Sheeter
Ft. Lupton