Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Banding Report, September 29

meredith

Sep 29, 2020, 8:20:00 PM9/29/20
to Colorado Birds
Fall seems to be here, as the sparrows take over from the warblers.  Today's highlights included a very cute Brown Creeper (not rare, certainly, but not often caught) and a very handsome Fox Sparrow.  We sometimes forget the wide range of size, body and bill shape among passerine species!  Here's the breakdown of today's 52 new birds:

Hammond's Flycatcher 1
Brown Creeper 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Hermit Thrush 3
Gray Catbird 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
Wilson's Warbler 3
Spotted Towhee 6
Green-tailed Towhee 2
Chipping Sparrow 4
Fox Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 2
Lincoln's Sparrow 3
Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow 16
Mountain White-crowned Sparrow 1
Dark-eyed Junco, Oregon 1
Dark-eyed Junco, Pink-sided 2
House Finch 1

If you'd like to visit: Due to restrictions related to Covid-19, we are
requiring visitors to make a reservation. To register and for more

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies