Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/30/16

Visto 25 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

meredith...@birdconservancy.org

no leída,
30 sept 2016, 20:08:0430/9/16
a Colorado Birds
Continued slow banding, but today under cool and cloudy conditions.  We were excited to catch a quite lovely young MAGNOLIA WARBLER.  Here's the breakdown of the 15 new for the day:

Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Blue-grey Gnatcatcher 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
Magnolia Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Unidentified 1
Wilson's Warbler 2
Spotted Towhee 1
Chipping Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 2
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 2

We are open 6 days each week, weather permitting, through October 16. We have 2 more closed days - Tues, Oct 4 and Wed, Oct 12. We are opening nets at about 6:50 a.m. and most days we start closing between 11 a.m. and 12 noon. We will open later and/or close earlier if it is very hot, very cold, wet, windy, etc. There are school groups most weekday mornings, usually arriving around 9:30. Best times to visit, if you like lots of birds and fewer humans, are early mornings during the week and Sundays.

Meredith McBurney
Bander/Biologist
Barr Lake Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies