Lapland Longspur [Weld]

The "Nunn Guy"

Nov 27, 2017, 11:02:44 AM11/27/17
to Colorado Birds
Hi all

While strolling along Weld CR 33 between 98 and 100 (large prairie dog colony both sides) we had 15-20 Lapland Longspur flying around.  We hear some of these birds flying overhead in our yard, too, like yesterday putting up our Christmas lights.
  • Mute Swan - 2 (F St in gravel pond on north .25m west of 35th Street--usually 1-2 semi-trucks parked along road on south)
  • Newell Lake [Larimer] - 5 goose species (2 Greater White-fronted Goose, 68 Snow/Ross's Goose)
  • 35th Ave Gravel Pond-West [Weld] - 5 goose species (1 Greater White-fronted Goose, 120+ Snow/Ross's Goose)
Thanks, Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.club/