Bird Conservancy Banding Report Chico Basin Ranch - 9/21/18

Kim Geissler

Sep 21, 2018, 4:27:19 PM9/21/18
to Colorado Birds
We had pretty high diversity at the banding station today. The first Red-breasted Nuthatch and Townsend's Solitaire of the season were banded. The totals for the day were 64 birds of 16 species plus a recap Hammond's Flycatcher that was banded yesterday.

Here's the summary of newly banded birds for the day:
Wilson's Warbler: 25
Orange-crowned Warbler: 10
Western Flycatcher: 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet: 4
Audubon's Warbler: 3
House Wren: 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch: 1
Cassin's Vireo: 1
Lincoln's Sparrow: 2
Hermit Thrush: 7
Song Sparrow: 1
Western Tanager: 2
Townsend's Solitaire: 1
Blue Grosbeak: 2
Spotted Towhee: 1
American Robin: 2

You are welcome to visit the banding station. I'll be banding through the first week of October and nets will be open 6 days a week (Monday through Saturday). This week I'm opening nets at 6:50 and banding until 11:50 weather permitting.

Kim Geissler
Bander
Chico Basin Ranch Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies