Gyrfalcon, yes or no, Larimer County

Brian Johnson

Nov 21, 2019, 2:08:19 PM11/21/19
to Colorado Birds
Hi,
I have not had time of until Friday, tomorrow, and I was wondering if that Gyrfalcon is still being seen. If someone could send me a message and let me know if has been seen in the last few days I would appreciate it. Being a sensitive specie I can't use ebird to help me plan.

Thanks Brian Johnson,
Englewood CO

John Shenot

Nov 23, 2019, 9:27:48 AM11/23/19
to Colorado Birds
Bird is presently (7:26am Saturday) on piwer pole west of highway at Trilby.

John Shenot
Fort Collins Co

John Shenot

Nov 23, 2019, 9:42:46 AM11/23/19
to Colorado Birds
And gone at 7:40. I hope it returns for ithers to see today.

John Shenot
Fort Collins

Joe Kipper

Nov 24, 2019, 11:07:55 AM11/24/19
to Colorado Birds
I staked out the Trilby Rd. today from 7:30 to 8:30 and no sign of the Gyr.
However, others have told me that Sunday is likely no the best for the bird; since the landfill is closed and there is no one to stir up the trash, the gull activity is basically zero.
Good luck,
Joe Kipper
Fort Collins