Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake, 8/27/17

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

Aug 27, 2017, 7:06:17 PM8/27/17
to Colorado Birds
A much slower bird day than yesterday, we enjoyed comparing young Yellows and Wilson's and admiring our first Townsend's with a laid-back group of families and birders who visited on our first Sunday of the season.  30 new birds today (compared with 71 yesterday):

Black-capped Chickadee 2
House Wren 7 new, 1 banded on August 23 of last year
Yellow Warbler 10
Townsend's Warbler 2
Wilson's Warbler 7
Chipping Sparrow 1

Come visit! We are open 6 days per week (CLOSED Mondays), weather permitting. We are opening nets at 6:30 and should have birds back at the station before 7:30. We will close most days by about 11:30, earlier now when it is so hot. School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30.

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies