Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 8/31/18

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

Aug 31, 2018, 9:36:05 PM8/31/18
to Colorado Birds
A warbler morning.  Added 2 new species for the season - an Audubon's Yellow-rumped Warbler and a Chestnut-sided Warbler, only the 4th CSWA ever caught at Barr (the other 3 were in 2011, 1996 and 1993!)  A total of 40 new today:

Warbling Vireo 2
House Wren 2
Gray Catbird 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 4
Yellow Warbler 4
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 1
Townsend's Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 2
Wilson's Warbler 22

We will be open 6 days per week (closed Mondays), weather permitting, through October 14. We are opening nets at 6:30 and should have birds back at the station by 7:15. We will close most days by about 11:30 (closing earlier now because of heat). School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station