Least Flycatcher singing at Lory State Park (LARIMER)

John Shenot

Jun 14, 2019, 6:25:37 PM6/14/19
to Colorado Birds
For the second year in a row I've observed a Least Flycatcher singing on the Well Gulch Trail in Lory State Park in June. Same location as last year; possibly or probably the same individual. Near interpretive sign post #5, south of the trail. His singing was relentless this morning. He seems to be a courageous or confused fellow, or both. I alternately admire and feel sorry for him given the low odds of successfully finding a mate in this location. I wish I had such pluck and determination.

John Shenot
Fort Collins, CO