Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Lake Banding Report, 10/9/21

Meredith McBurney

Oct 9, 2021, 8:25:32 PM10/9/21
to Colorado Birds
Sparse-ness continued, with only 7 new birds today.  Luckily we had 8 recaps (all from this season) so we had birds to share with our many visitors today - two groups of bird-loving members of the general public and then a group of Girl Scouts working on their animal habitat badge who were specifically interested in how climate change might be impacting birds.  We had a lot to talk about in this year of sparse birds!

Our most interesting bird of the morning was a hatch year Lazuli Bunting - pretty brown bird with just a hint of aqua on a few feathers.  Here's the breakdown of today's new birds:

Hermit Thrush 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler, intermediate 1
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 4
Lazuli Bunting 1

We are open 6 days a week, weather permitting through October 23.  Closed Mondays.  Click here to register to visit - we are offering one-hour slots (up to 12 visitors at a time); 7:30-8:30 most weekdays, and 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11 on weekends.  Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies