Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Banding Report 10-18-22

Meredith McBurney

Oct 18, 2022, 8:00:54 PM10/18/22
to Colorado Birds
Got a slightly late start today because of the cold and then fell into the pattern we've seen for the past week or so.....very slow early on and then picking up a bit as the sun warmed things up.  Here's the breakdown of today's 20 new birds:

Hermit Thrush 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Myrtle 4
Yellow-rumped Warbler, unidentified 1
Song Sparrow 3
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 8
White-crowned Sparrow, unidentified 1
White-throated Sparrow 1
Dark-eyed Junco, Slate-colored 1

If you'd like to enjoy fall birds up close and personal, please come visit!  You do need a reservation - just click here! we are offering one-hour slots (up to 15 visitors at a time) from 7:30-8:30 most weekdays (closed Mondays), and 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11 on weekends, through October 23.  Only 5 more days!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies