Willow Flycatcher at Boulder Rez

Kat Bradley-Bennett

May 26, 2015, 12:43:52 PM5/26/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I took my dog for a swim on the north end of the Boulder Reservoir yesterday (Monday) and we heard a Willow Flycatcher singing in, well, the willows, along with a Yellow Warbler. There were 4 Great Egrets snoozing on the NW shore and Vesper Sparrows singing in the pastures.

The Red-tailed Hawks that nested in the tree with all the Great Blue Herons (north of the reservoir on  N 55th) were feeding 3 hungry chicks. The herons seem unperturbed by their presence in their rookery.

My backyard in west Longmont saw several migrants this weekend, including Brewer's and Clay Colored Sparrows and a House Wren.

Kat Bradley-Bennett
Longmont