Chico Basin Ranch Banding Report- May 1, 2024

Chicobander

May 1, 2024, 2:36:12 PMMay 1
to Colorado Birds
This morning sported cooler temperatures which I am not sure that has anything to do with our captures. Eleven birds were banded including 7 species. A Black-and-White Warbler was also observed near the banding station. A large flock of Chipping sparrows and a couple Lark Sparrows were at the west end of Olive grove along road.

Remember Chico Basin is open to a limited number of people each day during this month. Please go to the Aiken Audubon Website to register for a morning to visit. There is a registration fee.

11 New Birds Banded
Townsend's Warbler- 1
Orange-crowned Warbler- 3
Audubon's (Yellow-rumped) Warbler- 2
Lincoln's Sparrow -1
Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow- 1
Yellow-breasted Chat- 1
Swainson's Thrush -1

No Recaptures

Enjoy the day! May your day be filled with nice birds. Stop by the banding station if you are visiting the Ranch.

Julie Shieldcastle
Chico Basin Ranch Bird Bander
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies