Wray Area (Yuma Co)

Dan Stringer

Aug 29, 2016, 8:30:23 AM8/29/16
to Colorado Birds
I visited Wray in Yuma County yesterday, birdy at 9 a.m. despite hot, dry, slightly windy conditions. At Stalker Lake I had Warbling Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, thought I had Philadelphia Vireo but in my opinion it's a difficult ID, I'll study photos and add to this post if it shows up in my camera. Orange-crowned, Yellow, and Wilson's Warblers, a single female Northern Cardinal, three Baltimore Orioles, Blue-headed Grosbeak, Peregrine Falcon. I walked the Wray Fish Hatchery road which was very active despite 11 a.m. heat...notable were four more Baltimore Orioles, roosting Common Nighthawk, a flock of Wild Turkeys with young, Olive-sided Flycatcher, numerous Red-headed Woodpeckers, Eastern Downy Woodpecker, and a pair of Eastern Bluebirds.

Dan Stringer
Larkspur, CO