Quick check-in from Lamar, Prowers Co., Feb. 9

Ted Floyd

Feb 9, 2018, 10:40:43 PM2/9/18
to Colorado Birds
Hey, all. With Sharon Stiteler and Hannah Floyd and Andrew Floyd, I'm having a grand old freezing cold time down here at the High Plains Snow Goose Festival, Lamar, Prowers County. Earlier today, Fri., Feb. 9, at Willow Creek Park, behind Lamar Community College, we saw an auduboni Hermit Thrush and an iliaca Fox Sparrow, along with more expected birds like Red-bellied Woodpecker, Myrtle Warbler, Audubon's Warbler, and Northern Cardinal. A Great-tailed Grackle was inclined to sing, for whatever reason, this dreary afternoon. And an oddity was a leucistic dark-morph Red-tailed Hawk. Think about it.

Hard to believe, but the weather is supposed to be even more wretched tomorrow. So what are you waiting for! Come on down for the rest of the weekend. Great workshops and presentations, plus mildly insane field trips. Sharon was last seen photographing bluebirds in a cemetery well east of town Lord knows where...

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County