Bird Conservancy of the Rockies- Chico Basin Ranch Banding Station Report- Sept. 2, 2024

Chicobander

Sep 2, 2024, 4:59:02 PMSep 2
to Colorado Birds
Hi all!
It is good to be back in Colorado! Today was the first day of banding. It was only an abbreviated banding day as we had to clear and set up our ten nets. The first bird of the season was a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. That was a surprise to me. We banded 17 birds of eleven species.
17 New Banded Birds
Ruby-crowned Kinglet- 1
Wilson's Warbler- 4
American Redstart- 2
Western Flycatcher- 1
Willow Flycatcher- 2
Western Wood-pewee-1
House Wren-1
Cassin's Vireo-1
Lazuli Bunting- 1
Lincoln's Sparrow- 1
Yellow-breasted Chat- 2

No Recaptures

The Banding station will be open Monday - Saturday Sunrise until @11 AM through October 4th. Please stop by if you are in the area. Be sure to sign up on the Aiken Audubon Website (www.aikenaudubon.com) for gaining permission to the ranch.

Have a good day,
Julie Shieldcastle
Chico Basin Ranch Bird Bander
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies