Barr Banding Station Update, 9/24/15

meredith

Sep 24, 2015, 7:54:26 PM9/24/15
to Colorado Birds
Started the morning with a lovely White-throated Sparrow.  Then proceeded at what is becoming our early fall pace - leisurely with a nice variety of species.  In addition to our school group today, we spent time with Norm Lewis' group from DMNS. Total new birds today was 35:

House Wren 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Hermit Thrush 5
American Robin 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 3
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Myrtle 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon 1
Wilson's Warbler 11
Spotted Towhee 1
Brewer's Sparrow 1 (FOS)
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
White-throated Sparrow 1 (FOS)
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 4
Dark-eyed Junco, Oregon 1

We are open 6 days per week, weather permitting, through Sunday, October 11. Our next closed day is Thursday, 10/1. We are opening nets at 6:30, and will run until noon or whenever it gets too hot or too windy or too whatever. School groups arrive about 9:30 a.m. most weekdays.

Meredith McBurney
Biologist/Bander
Barr Lake Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies