Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Banding Report, 8/25/22

Meredith McBurney

Aug 25, 2022, 7:41:04 PM8/25/22
to Colorado Birds
Yellow Warblers and House Wrens continue to dominate our captures, as we banded another 48 birds this morning.   Here's today's list:

Mourning Dove 1 (This was our 6th of the season, close to a record number.  Two adults and four hatch year birds, two of which were so young they could have flown straight from the nest into our nets.  All caught in essentially the same area.)
Downy Woodpecker 2 (an adult female and a young male, caught together)
Western Wood-pewee 3
Cassin's Vireo 1
House Wren 12
Yellow Warbler 23
Common Yellowthroat 3
Wilson's Warbler 1
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Clay-colored Sparrow 1

If you'd like to enjoy fall birds up close and personal, please come visit!  Click here to make a reservation - we are offering one-hour slots (up to 15 visitors at a time) from 7:30-8:30 most weekdays (closed Mondays), and 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11 on weekends.  We look forward to seeing many of you during the season!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies