Weld County Weekend Birding

The "Nunn Guy"

Aug 24, 2020, 12:31:21 PM8/24/20
to Colorado Birds
Hi all

It was "Egrets Day" at Woods Lake last two days and apparently Glenmere Park a favorite Turkey Vulture roost two weeks in a row--only this time larger. Woods Lake hosted at least 55+ Snowy Egret and two Great Egret. Glenmere Park had about 24+ Turkey Vulture. Two White-faced Ibis at Loloff Reservoir.

Out on the Pawnee NG I had a first for me ... a Common Nighthawk perched on a telephone wire! Two Virginia Rail came out of the grass at Weld CR 124 pond (north side on east). Three White-tailed Deer prancing around (parent and two does). There is a large fire scar along Weld CR 124 at about Weld CR 69 on north-good habitat for Mountain Plover and Long-billed Curlew next year. ;-) I also had at least 6-8 Sage Thrasher along Longspur Hotspot Route (https://tinyurl.com/longspurs).

Finally, one funky-looking domestic duck at Weld CR 124 pond.

All photos at first link (some at project link).

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn