Mountain Bluebird Pair in Horsetooth Mountain Park - Larimer County

Erin Youngberg

Apr 27, 2020, 3:54:26 PM4/27/20
to Colorado Birds
Happy Monday Bluebird lovers!
On a social distance hike on the east side of Horsetooth Mountain Park with my family yesterday, we saw a pair of Mountain Bluebirds at one of the 2 remaining nest boxes along Shoreline Trail. They are utilizing a nestbox Bird Conservancy put up in 2017. The female was perched right on top of the box, the bright blue male was about 1 meter to the south perched on a mullein stalk. She flew into the box briefly at one point, and then perched again on the top.
I got a couple crappy phone photos. :)
Crossing my fingers that they stay and nest.

4.27.20 - Bluebirds.jpgBluebird pair 4.27.20.jpgHope you are all well,-Erin YoungbergFort Collins