El Paso county Garganey(?) and Virginia Rail

55 vues

kickback

non lue,
30 sept. 2017, 20:00:5430/09/2017
à Colorado Birds
I think I saw a Garganey and I definitely saw a Virginia rail at the Fountain Creek Nature center today, they were right next to each other. Also saw a Black-crowned night heron.

I would appreciate feedback on whether I am correct about the Garganey

Garganey(?) picture

Virginia rail picture

Thanks,

Bill

dean shoup

non lue,
1 oct. 2017, 09:26:4201/10/2017
à Colorado Birds
Bill,
Do you have any more photos of the possible Garganey? Have you received any feedback yet?
Dean Shoup
Aurora, CO

Christian Nunes

non lue,
1 oct. 2017, 09:52:1601/10/2017
à desho...@gmail.com,Colorado Birds
Variations of the domestic Mallard display a cheek stripe like this. The dark brown plumage with limited pale edges to the mantle feathers and the greenish bill are at odds with a Garganey.

Christian Nunes
Lyons, CO

kickback

non lue,
1 oct. 2017, 11:16:2901/10/2017
à Colorado Birds
I agree that this is a mallard with an "interesting" facial pattern. Very close examination of the pictures I took shows a blue patch near the tail and some blue fringes in the feathers.

Thanks for all of the feedback

Bill
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur