Cranes Start Arriving

已查看 137 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

mvjo...@gmail.com

未读,
2024年2月11日 10:07:112月11日
收件人 Colorado Birds
Greetings. Just a heads up that Sandhill Cranes are starting to arrive as of this past week. This is pretty much on schedule. The water at the Monte Refuge should be turned on soon, and then the birds will be concentrating there. Right now they are scattered.

We have had some Cranes winter here, which is a tad unusual. A few Virginia Rails and Marsh Wrens around warm water seep are also interesting. A Bittern was very unusual with our mostly-frozen conditions. It too hangs around seeps.

Our friend Susan Hochstetler, the lady who fed hundreds of Rosy-finches each day and was a delight to so many visitors, has moved away. I have yet to find a reliable replacement location for folks to see these birds.

See ya at the Crane Festival.

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO
回复全部