owls

Scott

Sep 16, 2019, 12:36:02 PM9/16/19
to Colorado Birds

Hi everyone,

We are beginning  our annual fall owl banding project were we are capturing and banding both Boreal and Northern Saw-whet Owls.

The research is in conjunction with Project Owlnet  which is a nation-wide project that targets these species.

It is a good chance to see these owls up-close in a safe environment, for both the birds and the viewer.

If you are interested in this, please e-mail me. We are capturing the birds every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights beginning about 7:00 p.m. and continuing until 11:00 p.m. or so.

We will be accepting donations as we are in need of new cameras  and a sound system for the project.

Scott Rashid

Estes Park

P.S. No children as they don't do well in this situation as there is a lot of down time as we never know when an owl is going to be captured.