Dinosaur Ridge - Denver Field Ornithologists (27 Apr 2021) 12 Raptors

rep...@hawkcount.org

Apr 27, 2021, 3:33:16 PM4/27/21
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Dinosaur Ridge - Denver Field Ornithologists
Colorado, USA

Daily Raptor Counts: Apr 27, 2021
SpeciesDay's CountMonth TotalSeason Total
Black Vulture000
Turkey Vulture7134137
Osprey02525
Bald Eagle0821
Northern Harrier044
Sharp-shinned Hawk1106120
Cooper's Hawk18697
Northern Goshawk0610
Red-shouldered Hawk000
Broad-winged Hawk02929
Red-tailed Hawk0147340
Rough-legged Hawk001
Swainson's Hawk088
Ferruginous Hawk029
Golden Eagle039
American Kestrel3116118
Merlin0812
Peregrine Falcon0610
Prairie Falcon02021
Mississippi Kite000
Unknown Accipiter01011
Unknown Buteo0918
Unknown Falcon035
Unknown Eagle000
Unknown Raptor047
Total:127341012

Observation start time: 08:15:00
Observation end time: 10:15:00
Total observation time: 2 hours
Official CounterCarol Cwiklinski
Observers:

Visitors:
The trail was dry. There were a few hikers and bike riders on the trail but none visited observation.

Weather:
Good weather in the morning gave way to clouds and precipitation. Persistent drizzle and lowering cloud level ended the count early.

Raptor Observations:
All the raptors I counted were above the ridge and at eye level. Binoculars were not needed for most.

Non-raptor Observations:
I saw a few of the usual passerines on the ridge, but there was low activity.

Predictions:
The wet weather may continue into tomorrow.

Report submitted by DAVID HILL ()
Dinosaur Ridge - Denver Field Ornithologists information may be found at: http://www.dfobirds.org
More information at hawkcount.org: [Site Profile] [Day Summary] [Month Summary]