Pacific Loon, Adams County

Jeff Percell

Oct 23, 2022, 11:06:36 PM10/23/22
to Colorado Birds
Hi All,
I happened to be in Brighton this afternoon and decided to stop by Ken Mitchell Open Space, expecting to see several Grebes, which there were. I was excited to see a Loon. As I haven't seen too many of those I needed to review photos compared to field guides, etc. I also saw that there has been a Common Loon reported there the last couple of weeks. However, my photos looked more like a Pacific Loon. After confirming with several on the ABA FB group, I updated my eBird report from loon sp. In looking at the eBird photos from the past couple of weeks at that location, I believe it's possibly the same Pacific Loon that was there today has been continuing for a few weeks. It was giving several good looks from the dock.

Here's my checklist with photos uploaded:

Thanks,
Jeff Percell
Erie, CO