Stub-tailed wren - Poudre River Trail at Lee Martinez Park (LARIMER)

John Shenot

Feb 28, 2020, 5:23:35 PM2/28/20
to Colorado Birds
Today at around 1245pm I got brief looks at a Winter or Pacific Wren adjacent to the bike trail at the northwest corner of Lee Martinez park, where a little stream that drains a cattail marsh next to the trail passes under the trail. This is the same location where a Mourning Warbler was seen by many last spring. This bird was silent and I couldn't ID it to species level. I had three brief glimpses in two minutes, and then it disappeared for at least an hour. Lots of places for it to hide, but maybe someone can relocate it and ID it!

John Shenot
Fort Collins, CO