Lapland Longspur

The Nunn Guy

Feb 16, 2021, 10:48:55 AM2/16/21
to Colorado Birds
Hi all

Frigid birding over the weekend to say the least!

Sunday on Weld CR 94 between 33/35 south of gun shooting range had 3-4 Lapland Lonspur hanging out with the Horned Lark in fallow fields.

All Greeley-area lakes frozen over except Saturday Woods Lake had a lsiver open chockful of geese. Saw many Bald Eagle in area and on ice eating Canada and/or Cackling Goose. The Linn Grove Gravel Pit was open and full of usual geese and ducks.

The most astonishing cold weather event was yesterday ... how does a "quarter million" geese in Greeley vanish? :-) Yesterday I saw only 3 geese in my usual travels where I normally see "throngs" of them on the ground, on water, on ice or in the air.

My Great Backyard Bird Count lists:
Thanks, Gary Lefko, Nunn