white goose, Cherry Creek SP

Karl Stecher Jr.

Dec 10, 2018, 2:42:56 AM12/10/18
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Among the 1500 or more white cheeked geese on the ice and shallow water, on the west side of Cherry Creek reservoir, near the picnic tables, early on the 12/9 afternoon was one white goose.  It faced the other way or was behind other geese. By size it looked like a Ross', but I did not get a good enough look to call it either Ross or snow.  It was an adult bird.

Karl Stecher
Aurora

Cole Sage

Dec 10, 2018, 5:55:17 PM12/10/18
to kste...@idcomm.com, cob...@googlegroups.com
I was birding at cherry creek in the late afternoon and saw what was probably the same bird. I got a poor photo with the head up.
It appears to have a snow like bill but is the size of a Ross’.
Any expert opinions would be appreciated.

Cole Sage
Denver

Karl Stecher Jr.

Dec 10, 2018, 8:56:43 PM12/10/18