Weld County 3/29

Dan Stringer

Mar 29, 2022, 8:21:32 PM3/29/22
to Colorado Birds
Today I visited some reservoirs and assorted mudholes in Weld County with Chuck Aid. Light rain accompanied us from 7:30 until 1:30 when it became heavy rain and we called it. Highlights at Loloff Res, WCR 59 wetlands, Lower Latham Res (s. side flooded field is setting up to be good shorebird habitat), Beebe Draw, Behrens Res, Stewart's Pond, and many un-named wet spots along the way yielded 9 Cinnamon Teal, 11 Greater and 5 Lesser Yellowlegs, 1 Long-billed Dowitcher, 9 Horned and 3 Eared Grebes, 6 Tree Swallows, 1 Sandhill Crane, 4 Great-tailed Grackles, and 1 Yellow-headed Blackbird, all representing spring.

Dan Stringer
Larkspur, CO