Great Horned Owl on chimney Highlands Ranch Douglas County

Lesley Brown

Sep 29, 2021, 12:32:36 AM9/29/21
to Colorado Birds
Hi, we've had a great horned owl on top of our chimney for about 3 hours.  We could hear it making kind of clunking noises and thought it must have prey that it was eating. But we just went out with a flashlight to check on it, 2-story house so it's hard to see much.  It's standing on top of the metal chimney cap.  We attempted to get it to fly, just to make sure it wasn't stuck somehow, but it didn't fly away.  My husband thinks the cap has screening on it, so we're worried that it might have caught a talon in the screen.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Lesley Brown
Highlands Ranch
Douglas County

Lesley Brown

Sep 29, 2021, 1:19:25 AM9/29/21
to Colorado Birds
Update:  The owl has left!  We are relieved.  : )

Lesley Brown
Highlands Ranch
Douglas County